I find it so fascinating what other moms carry around in their diaper bags and I think watching “What’s in your diaper bag” videos are so FUN (Is that normal?). After switching over to a Skip Hop Duet 2-in-1 Tote diaper bag I have decided to share with everyone what I carry regularly and what I consider “essentials” for my five month old.
First off I want to start out and say I absolutely ADORE this diaper bag. I love everything from all of the pockets, its removable middle pocket insert (for the moms who hate organization), and it’s thick comfy changing pad. This diaper bag is very versatile and it has very easy access to everything inside. It has 2 arm straps but also a long over-the-shoulder strap. It also has two stroller straps for easy attachment to any stroller. It can be zipped shut and it has ton of space. Even though it has 6 pockets it still allows you to be able to toss things in on the go without being to overstructured.
I could go on and on about why I would recommend this bag and how much I love it but I am sure you guys are just ready for the good stuff.
- 6/7 Pampers Swaddlers (These are my ALL time favorite and they work wonders for my back pooping baby!)
- Pampers Sensitive wipes
- The honest company All Purpose Balm – I use this as diaper ointment and for blemishes, scratches, cuts, rashes, etc.
- Thick changing pad – I use and recommended the brand Skip Hop for a changing pad. Its easy to wipe clean and it is very compact.
- Smelly diaper bags for the times when you have a massive blowout walking through the grocery store or at church (been there done that).
I would recommend using a wet and dry bag to carry all you’re baby’s extra clothes. It doubles its purpose because it has a zipped pocket for dirty clothes.
- AT LEAST two onesies
- extra outfit
- one pairs of socks
- 2 bibs
- jacket (for cooler months)
- Dreft stain remover
Toys and such:
- One book – The Hungry Caterpillar
- 1 Rattle
- 1 Squeaky toy which I prefer Sophie the giraffe since it can doubles as a teether.
- Pacifier. My son does not take a paci but he enjoys to play with them.
- Munch Mitt DEFINITELY for teething babies.
- One bottle. My baby is breastfed and the only bottle he will take is the Comotomo. Its squishy and compares to a breast. Definitely check them out if you are struggling with transition and nipple confusion.
- Honest company Lotion
- Medications & Syringe – I bring tylenol and benadryl because I have a teething/reflux baby and my doctor recommends low dosages of these.
- Pacifier wipes. I use these more to wipe off his toys when they fall on a restaurant floor or the ground outside of the car.
- Spoon for feeding soilds
- One or more burp cloths
- One or more swaddles
- Hand Santizer
And that’s it! All packed up and plenty of room to spare!
I hope this gives you some insight into what is really going on inside of my diaper bag! I am the mom that would rather over pack and have everything rather than needing it and not having it.